How These Successful Entrepreneurs Top Five Must-Try Soups for Everyone
Soup is one of the most comfort-giving dishes out there. Whether you’re feeling under the weather or just want a warm, savory meal to fill your belly and soul, soup can be the perfect answer. Making your own homemade soup recipes can be even more comforting as you get to choose all the ingredients that go into it yourself. Not only will this ensure that your soups are full of flavor and nutrition, but it also allows for some creativity in developing unique recipes from simple ingredients!How These Successful Entrepreneurs Top Five Must-Try Soups for Everyone
When making any type of soup recipe, it is important to select quality ingredients for maximum flavor and health benefits. Carefully chosen vegetables provide vitamins and minerals while fresh herbs add depth of flavor with minimal calories; high-quality proteins like fish or poultry help make a filling meal without an excessive amount of saturated fat; beans offer fiber along with protein; grains give texture to soups while adding complex carbohydrates; stock adds body; and dairy provides creaminess (if desired). With so many different components available at our disposal, we have plenty of choices when crafting delicious & nutritious soups!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings is a classic comfort food recipe that’s sure to please everyone in the family! The slow cooker does all the work, so you can just sit back, relax and wait for dinner(Top Five Must-Try Soups)
o begin, gather your ingredients:
Once you have everything ready to go it’s time to start cooking
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth, onion powder, garlic powder, carrots, celery, peas, and corn (if using).
- Stir everything together.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6–8 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and place it on a plate.
- Shred the chicken using two forks, and then return the shredded meat back into the slow cooker.
- Add the biscuit dough pieces to the soup mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid again and simmer on low heat for an additional 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve warm with freshly cracked pepper, if desired.
Tomato Basil Soup
Steep 1: Gather Ingredients
Step 2: Cook Soup
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and onions until softened.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in both cans of crushed tomatoes along with oregano and sea salt; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat slightly so the mixture is gently bubbling away.
- Simmer uncovered on low heat for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the soup has thickened up nicely, remove from heat.
- Stir in basil leaves before seasoning with freshly cracked black pepper as desired.
Step 3: Serve and Enjoy
Serve the Tomato Basil Soup hot with extra chopped basil sprinkled on top for additional flavor if desired. This delicious soup is perfect anytime you’re looking for something warm and comforting! It pairs perfectly with fresh crusty bread or buttery crackers for an unforgettable meal.
Creamy Potato Soup
Creamy Potato Soup is an easy-to-make, comforting dish that’s sure to please everyone in the family! This simple recipe uses only a few ingredients and can be made on the stovetop or slow cooker for added convenience. For this delicious soup you will need
- Dice the potatoes into small cubes along with the onions and garlic. Set aside.
- Dice the potatoes into small cub
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the diced vegetables and cook until softened.
- Add the chicken stock/broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), puree the soup until it reaches a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Stir in half & half or heavy cream (if using) and heat through one last time.
- Serve hot, topped off with any optional extras such as shredded cheese or bacon bits if desired.
- Enjoy your tasty and comforting Creamy Potato Soup anytime you’re feeling like something warm and filling!
Note: This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker by combining all ingredients and cooking on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Black Bean Soup
Black Bean Soup is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be enjoyed any time of year. This comforting soup is full of fiber, protein, and flavor! To make this hearty dish you will need:
- Start by soaking the dried black beans in cold water overnight.
- Drain the beans the next day and place them in a large pot along with enough vegetable broth/stock to cover them by at least 2 inches.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it cook for 10 minutes before reducing the heat to low so it maintains a gentle simmer.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook until the beans are tender but not mushy, which should take about an hour depending on how long they were soaked for previously.
- Once the beans are cooked through, add in chopped onion, minced garlic cloves, chopped jalapeño pepper (if using), and ground cumin. Stir all ingredients together.
- Add diced tomatoes along with their juice and tomato paste to the pot. Stir once again until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover the pot with a lid and continue cooking on low heat for 30–40 minutes more, stirring occasionally until the desired thickness is reached.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper as desired.
- Just before serving, stir in freshly squeezed lime juice for additional flavor if desired.
- Enjoy this tasty Black Bean Soup anytime you’re looking for something warm and filling!
Creamy Tomato Soup
Creamy Tomato Soup is a classic recipe that’s sure to please everyone in the family! This delicious soup is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients so it’s perfect for busy weeknights. To begin, gather the following ingredients:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook until the onions are softened.
- Add in minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in all the canned tomatoes along with oregano and sea salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat slightly so that the mixture is gently bubbling. Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the soup has thickened up nicely, remove it from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until it reaches a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Season the soup with freshly cracked black pepper as desired.
- Serve the Creamy Tomato Soup hot with extra chopped basil sprinkled on top for added flavor, if desired.
Enjoy this hearty and comforting Creamy Tomato Soup anytime you’re looking for something warm and filling!
When it comes to making soup, one of the most common mistakes is not seasoning properly. Whether you’re following a recipe or experimenting with your own ingredients, be sure to taste and adjust seasonings as needed! Salt in particular can make all the difference so don’t be afraid to add more if necessary until desired flavor is achieved. Additionally, adding too much liquid when simmering can result in a watery soup that lacks flavor so keep an eye on how much stock/broth is being used.
Making soup doesn’t have to be boring either; there are plenty of ways to customize recipes for added flavor and texture! Consider adding different vegetables like cauliflower or zucchini for extra nutrition while also switching up herbs & spices depending on what flavors you prefer. Adding some beans or legumes will give your soup more substance while stirring in cooked grains such as quinoa or rice makes it even heartier. And lastly top off each bowl with something crunchy like croutons, nuts/seeds, bacon bits or shredded cheese for an unforgettable experience that everyone will love!