Learn how to make Jew’s Mallow Molokheya Recipe Lebanese Style from someone who makes it at least 3 times a month for lunch. This recipe is healthy, tasty and best of all, affordable. Molokheya, also known as jew’s mallow is a traditional cuisine here in Lebanon, it is delicious and satisfying.
Jew’s Mallow Molokheya Recipe Lebanese Style
You can use the following ingredients to make dried jew’s mallow and fresh jew’s mallow, the only difference is the leaves. To make dried jew’s mallow recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 kilograms of chicken thighs or chicken breast
- 1/2 kilograms of dried jews mallow
- 2 bunches of fresh coriander or 300 grams
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1 liter of water
- 1 onion
- 1 inch of ginger root
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
To cook the rice, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kilogram of short-grain Egyptian rice
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of broken Vermicelli noodles
- 4-5 cups of water
How To Cook The Jew’s Mallow Molokheya
Wash the chicken, put it into a large pot, add 1 liter of water, bay leaves, ginger, and onion, set it on high heat and let it boil until the chicken is well cooked, remove from heat and let it cool. Wash the coriander leaves and slice them into little pieces, peel the garlic and grind it into a paste.
- Clean the jew’s mallow beforehand (remove stems and rotten leaves).
- In a large pot, add I liter of water and let it come to a boil
- add in the jew’s mallow and leave it to boil along for 7 minutes
- Cut off the heat and empty it into a colander, under running water
- begin to wash the molokheya until all the dark liquid turns clear
Set it aside to drain excess fluid. Now in a dry heated pot, add the oil and let it heat, add in the garlic and fry until it turns light gold in color, mix in the coriander leaves and let it fry until it changes color slightly. Lastly, lower the heat and add in the molokheya, let it all fry together and make sure you stir it occasionally so that it does not burn.
Your goal is to make sure that all the water dries up. While the jew’s mallow is frying, separate the chicken from the liquid and remove the bones, you want to be left with little pieces of chicken.
- Now strain the chicken soup into the fried jew’s mallow
- add in the chicken, salt, bouillon cube
- let it cook on low heat for 45 minutes
- Cut off the heat and add in the lemon juice.
How To Cook Lebanese Rice
Heat the oil, add in the Vermicelli noodles, fry until golden brown, wash the rice, drain the liquid and add it into the noodles. Continue frying for 2 minutes, add in the salt and the water, give it a stir and let it come to a boil, lower the heat, cover and let it cook until done.
Go ahead and try this Jew’s Mallow Molokheya Recipe Lebanese Style and make sure to let us know what you think. If you liked this post, don’t forget to share it!