Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Peanut butter cookies have been around for a long time, with recipes found as far back as the early 1900s.
Peanut butter cookies are a classic American treat that consists of a crunchy cookie made from flour, sugar, and peanut butter.
They are usually decorated with fork tines pressed into the top to create a crisscross pattern. The dough is typically rolled out and cut into
shapes or simply scooped onto baking sheets and baked until golden brown. Over the years they have become increasingly popular due to
their sweet yet savory flavor profile, ease of preparation, and versatility in terms of pairing with other ingredients like chocolate chips or
oatmeal. Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out in the kitchen, this peanut butter cookie recipe is sure to please! now you can follow the Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe.
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients:
Instructions For Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Cream together one cup of softened butter with one cup of granulated sugar and one cup of light brown sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, and ¾ teaspoon salt until blended.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while mixing on low speed just until everything is incorporated (being careful not to overmix).
- Add in 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter, two eggs, and one teaspoon vanilla extract before mixing on low speed just until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Roll out the dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart from each other, then flatten slightly using the tines of a fork pressed in an X pattern across each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden around edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving to ensure they stay crisp and delicious.
To switch up the classic peanut butter cookie recipe, there are a few variations you can try. If you’d like to add some chocolate to the mix,
you can incorporate ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips into the dough before baking for 8-10 minutes or until the edges turn a light
golden color. This will give the cookies an extra touch of sweetness and crunch. For those who prefer oatmeal, simply add 1/2 cup of
uncooked oats along with the dry ingredients and mix everything together with your wet ingredients before placing the scoops of dough
onto your baking sheets.
If you prefer a crispier texture for your cookies, try reducing the amount of flour in the recipe from 2 ¼ cups down to 2 cups. This will result
in a thinner batter that bakes up crispier than the traditional version. Additionally, you can experiment with using less sugar or
substituting some of the granulated sugar with brown sugar. There are many ways to customize your peanut butter cookies, so feel free to
get creative and find your favorite version. Whether you choose the classic recipe, chocolate chip, oatmeal, or any other variation, your
peanut butter cookies are sure to be a delicious treat every time!
Tips & Tricks
One of the most important tips to keep in mind when baking peanut butter cookies is how to soften butter quickly. To do this, you can either
leave a stick of butter at room temperature for 30 minutes or cut it into small cubes and microwave on low power for 10-15 seconds until
softened. It’s also important to make sure you measure your flour properly since too much can make your cookie dough dry and crumbly.
When measuring flour, be sure to use a spoon or scoop to fill your measuring cup rather than packing it down which can lead to an
inaccurate measurement. Finally, if you find that the cookie dough is sticking too much when you go to roll it out onto baking sheets try
coating your hands with a bit of oil or shortening before handling the dough as this will help prevent any sticking issues!
Making homemade peanut butter cookies is a great way to treat yourself or your family and friends to a delicious dessert. Peanut butter
cookies are easy to make with just a few basic ingredients, require minimal time commitment in the kitchen, and have endless possibilities
for flavor variations like adding chocolate chips or oatmeal. The sweet yet savory flavor of these irresistible treats is sure to please
everyone’s palate. Plus they make wonderful gifts that can be easily packaged up into pretty tins or boxes as presents! For all these reasons,
it’s no wonder why peanut butter cookies are such an American classic. So if you’re looking for something special and unique this holiday
season consider whipping up some tasty peanut butter cookie recipes instead!
Enjoy your homemade classic peanut butter cookies!